Sunday, September 14, 2008

West German Trench

Hi Ladies(in a British-like voice just for entertainment)

Today, as you read on my blog post below, I went thrifting at Nearly New. It was FANTASTIC! They had sections of different types of apparel(oh do I wish I brought my camera to take snaps of it!) For example: Vintage section, Fur section, Accessory section, Jacket section, and you get the idea....

My favorite section of the entire place, and in fact, my favorite in the entire array of thrift shops around my town, was the VINTAGE section. Oh boy, was I in shopping heaven! There where grandma night slips from the 40's, genuine leather purses from the 70's(which, I did not get a leather one because of the high-price the store was asking for-15 bucks bleegh), coats/blazers from the 20's and up, velvet tops(some were tacky 80's, some weren't), and everything else vintage you can imagine! There was a black vest with gold studs and gold lining that I thought looked VERY Kate Moss for Top Shop.But it was ....HUGE....so I didn't get it(hmmm, maybe I regret doing that?). Everything was a tad bit over priced in the Vintage section, but I really didn't give a hoot. I guess that's what you get when you get flippin fantastic vintage, not that crappy stuff from the late 80's early 90's. Yah know, shoulder pads and such. Well, that's what I usually find at random thrift shops/junk stores.

Okeydokey then. Here's a list of what I bought today. Its not allot, but the things I got were pretty impressive for a rinkety dink junk store:

~An OLD trench coat from West Germany(looks like something Anne Frank would trot around in). It says "Official Olympic Coat" or something like that on the tag, and my grandma said the coat was probably worn during the Olympics. Wooh!
~A black velvet vest
~A fringed scarf(looks like an urban outfitters scarf, but cheaper)
~A brown fringed Indian-inspired purse with flower details(i was about to die when I found it!)
~An old night slip that's sheer-I'll end up DIYing it into something amazing.


Unfortunately, I didn't buy any fuax fur...the fur section just had real fur, and there's a slim chance I would EVER buy that....So I passed it up...knowing I was passing up one of this Fall's trend. Why do old ladies have to have real fur????!

I'll post pictures of them soon!

(once agian, in a British voice for your entertainment)
Cheerio! Pep pep! Cheers!

2 comments:

Lilja said...

Oh you got sooo much! I envy you, especially for the trench coat!!! I went thrift shopping too this weekend :) Looking forward to seeing some photos of the things ;)

jip said...

Ah i'm jealous!
I'm curious about how that olympic trenchcoat looks like :)
I want a faux fur coat and it's harder to find than I thought I would be.