Sunday, August 17, 2008

Thrifting is a Treasure Hunt








Hi hI agian!
Yesterday I went thrifting to a gillion and one thrift shops/estate sales! It was awesome. I was on a roll, if I must say so myself :) For the first stop, we stopped at a giant, old house in the Highlands. A HUGE estate sale. Although everything was extreamly overpriced. I mannaged to buy(well, i didnt buy it, my mom did...what can i say? Im a jobless 14 year old haha) this incredible floral fabric for 3 dollars. I might make a skirt out of it...What do you think? (the pic is posted above). I also got a great vintage scarf that smelled like old lady when I got it, I deffinatly washed THAT right away! bleegh. Next stop was Hand in Hand Second hand store(man, thats alot of hands). I had an incredible find of a old denim vest(which is banana republic, when it first opened-1980's or so) 3 bucks yay yay! Then at this old thrift shop ran by old Jewish ladies, I got a very bright Xlarge blouse. I knew I could do something with it(add a belt to give it an empire waist, tuck it under pants, ect). I got some brooch's, and a dress that I will DIY in the future into a mini dress(the pattern is YUM), all at Unique Thrift Shop. Yup, that's my weekend for yah! I was just super excited about my finds! :) Do you like them? What can I do to give the peices "uummph"?

Ciao Cheers GoodBye

8 comments:

Lonely Paul said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lilja said...

Wow, I looove it! You obviously found some great stuff, and for very little money. Wish there was something like this in Iceland. everything's extremly expensive :(

jip said...

wooh! that's looking awesome!
why are they're so less thriftshops in holland? i'm jealous

loveology said...

Great finds and they look very nice on you!
<3

Anonymous said...

gah, awesome.

Danni said...

Wow, great finds. That vest was a real treasure, i'd kill to have it.
(P.S. this is Sidewinder is a parasite from Polyvore)

Nature Graffiti said...

amazing finds!
if you dont mind me asking, where do you live? you have so many thrift shops, i'm incredibly jealous!

Anonymous said...

they're all lovely and so stylish!